As of 11:29 this morning it's been a week since little Luke was born. This has been the most amazing experience for both Andrea & I. Some things that have been great since his birth:
- watching Andrea totally embrace motherhood
- incredible support from our families allowing us to get some extra sleep where needed
- watching our families totally fall in love & be smitten with Luke
- more incredible support from our community with meal making, encouragement & visits
- seeing how his look has changed & developed in just a few days
One of the other things that I've noticed is how much I love him...and almost everything around me. A couple days ago I mentioned to Andrea that since Luke's birth there's been an increase in love for me. Things around me just look different. I see him and I'm overwhelmed with love...I see friends & family come and go and I'm struck by how much I love them...I go outside and sit in the yard and listen to the birds and I feel this incredible depth of love for nature and life. This son, our gift from God, has definitely given me a new perspective on love & life - and he's only 7 days old! I can only imagine how this will continue as he grows & develops.
Now onto some more pics...
ThNR Report
8 years ago
2 comments:
It's not too hard to fall in love with these little ones, is it? They are so amazing and the whole process - pregnancy, birth, etc. - is fantastic. So glad that you have been enjoying your first week of parenthood.
the world is a better place because of Luke... period.
Post a Comment