A lot of the reading/studying I've been doing over the last couple of years has talked about the importance of being present. Everything that we need is available to us in the present moment. I found this quite hard to believe and even harder to live out. More often than not, I'm an active guy jumping around from one thing to another - without taking much downtime. It's pretty hard to be present to what's going on around you when you're constantly thinking about what you have to do next.
This pattern of busyness for me has changed, and I find that I really enjoy a pace of life that is slower and more abundant. Andrea has been a huge instigator and encourager on this journey.
Once again, little Lukie has helped me see something in a new light. While holding Luke a day ago, I couldn't help but notice how present I was to him and he to me. Every breath, hiccup, burp, snore (etc) by him was paid attention to by me. Every little movement of his hands, head, legs, or body was met with my touch. It was beautiful - in that moment - to realize that being present to him was the greatest gift that I could give him. And the reality is that it doesn't take that much...just a little intention on my part.
Here are a few more pics of our growing little guy...
ThNR Report
8 years ago
2 comments:
Luke is the best.
And thanks for your musings.
Blogging suits you.
Post a Comment