BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Birds from the yard...

I've had some fun this week checking out some birds in town. After a long day of work yesterday I had a few cedar waxwings fly by and land on a nearby tree. Seeing these birds up close was probably the highlight of my day to that point. Anyway, below are a few birds that I've seen on our yard in the last week.

Here is a male Downy Woodpecker

A male Pine Grosbeak (the first time I've ever seen this on the yard)

The first Northern Flicker of the season

A female Wood Duck

A male Wood Duck
The previous owners of the house setup a Wood Duck nest in the back yard...and there are some birds that visit it each spring. One day when I was getting ready to leave for work this week I saw 4 different Wood Ducks in the tree.

0 comments: